Thursday, April 10, 2014

Goose Rock Trailblazer hike

A new hike for me, I have never hiked to Goose Rock on Whidbey Island. What a wonderful place! 16 of us thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in the sunshine today. Good times with good company & too many pictures to post them all, but here are some of my favorites of the day.

We started at Deception Pass State Park.


First view of the bridge from the trail.


A very large Sitka Spruce -



A look back - wow!


Such beautiful large trees.


The perfect place for lunch, if you click on the picture to enlarge it you can see the Olympic coastal range in the distance.


Indian Paintbrush



Cornet Bay


Walking along the beach and back to the cars.


endomondo stats:
5.2 total miles hiked
-2 Min. altitude
494 Max. altitude
680 Total ascent
702 Total descent


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.