Thursday, May 22, 2014

Noisy creek Trailblazer hike

8 am, an earlier start than normal for us today. We usually begin our hikes from the Senior Center at 9 am, but we had a longer than usual drive today. After about 2 hours in the car we arrived at the trail head parking lot for Noisy creek.


15 hikers today, half would turn around at about the 3 mile mark or so and the rest would continue on to Noisy creek. I was interested to see how my legs would do as the hike was listed as 9 to 10 miles and moderate in difficulty. I've been on vacation for about 3 weeks and this would be a bit long for me. 


I soaked up how lush the forest was after our time in the Southwest where we had spent our vacation.


Our group stopping to enjoy the view of Hidden creek from the bridge.


Hidden creek -


The forest was so thick with it's spring growth that I could barely (click to enlarge the picture to help you find them) find the hikers.


The group of 7 opting to hike the shorter distance stopped at the first creek crossing.
It was about 3 1/4 miles, so they would end up with around 6 1/2 miles by the time they were done. 
Our last look at them before they turned around, again you may have to click on the picture to enlarge it so you can see them better -


Our group of 8 heading on to Noisy creek - 


I loved this picture of Marjan walking in the old logging area among the ferns.


We stopped for lunch at the Noisy creek campground. Pat and Jean were checking out the map while we ate. I never tire of hearing what Pat (our fearless leader) has to tell us about the areas where we are hiking.


We walked out to check out Noisy creek and wondered around to look at an extra large tree up a very steep trail, but we didn't find it. I don't think we walked quite far enough. It was probably just around the next corner,
isn't that the way it always is :-)  
The weather was warm but not too bad and the bugs weren't out yet - hurray! We enjoyed the great view of Mt. Baker just across Baker Lake.



Tired after our long hike and day of driving, but what a wonderful welcome back hike for me, back in our beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Endomondo stats:
11.71 miles hiked
669 Min. altitude
1031 Max. altitude
3928 Total ascent
3897 Total descent



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.