Thursday, June 12, 2014

Afternoon run on the Centennial trail

My regular Thursday schedule is to hike with the Trailblazers, but my husband had the day off so I opted out of my routine for the day. He suggested I run on my favorite trail "The Centennial Trail" and he would drive to Arlington and jump on his bike and ride up to meet me, and then ride by me for the rest of my run. How could I resist. 
I really enjoyed the solitude of the first 4 miles, just me in the forest all the way to Bryant, the first town and trail parking access heading south from Nakashima barn. Just before the Pilchuck river bridge I saw this sign on a log jutting out towards the trail. Yikes! Thankfully I didn't see any.


By the time we arrived at Legion Park in Arlington, I had run 8 miles. Woohoo! 

I had blogged about our backyard pond restoration HERE, and last night my husband finished the lower pond. All of the benches and planters are in.


I hope the Trailblazers enjoyed their day hiking in the Mt. Erie area today, can't wait to join them next week as we hike from Samish park to North Ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.