Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Taking a moment.....

Hmmm, what does this taking a moment mean to me? 
To me it means to slow down, take life a bit easier. Stop and savor the things around me that I hold dear, as they say to "stop and smell the roses".
I've been pretty regular with  the Thursday Trailblazer hikes, but took a break from last week's hike and I will take a break from this week's as well. My legs seem to be on the tired side and my old calf injury seems a bit aggravated. So I'm taking a moment to decompress a bit. Just going for walks and enjoying life at a little slower pace.
This decision has helped me to embrace the Fall season that is now upon us. I'm loving the new Oprah's Chai Tea latte at Starbucks and my homemade harvest soup.


(Almost all of the ingredients were harvested from our own garden.)

My husband is channeling his inner Ciscoe Morris, and creating some nice bouquets from our yard, to put around the house.





I think the best thing about what this season brings upon my spirit, 
is to remember to take a moment.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.