Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ebey's landing Trailblazer hike

The Senior Trailblazers were scheduled to hike at Ebey's Landing today. 
I was happy to be back with the group as I'd missed last weeks hike. I was busy playing on an Oregon beach for my 61st birthday. In the photo below I'm standing on the beach in Lincoln City, Oregon. 


I was happy that this weeks hike would be on a beach as well. Our group of 13 were raring to go after our 1 hour drive from Bellingham.
We began at the beach parking area.


We then went up the stairs to get to the top of the bluff.


Once we were at the top we paused to enjoy the green fields of  
Ebey's Landing. Ebey's Landing is a National Historic Reserve.

Several of us stopped to take pictures of the fields
We then walked towards Sunnyside cemetery for a quick out and back to give us a bit more mileage. I particularly enjoyed this area because of the historic signs and buildings along the way.



Our fearless leader "Pat"
 We then headed back towards the bluff to continue our loop hike.



We found a nice view place for lunch.


The bluff trail continued on for a little longer - 

The bluff trail winds down to a spot just at the end of the Lagoon, just visible in the distance.
We then began the nice, long switch backs down to the beach - 





The rest of our hike was along the shore. 
Since the beach was still in my mind this was the perfect way "for me" to end today's hike!


Endomondo stats:
Total miles hiked - 6.8
Minimum altitude - minus 55 feet?
Maximum altitude - 252 feet
Total ascent - 322 feet
Total descent - 323




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.