Thursday, October 13, 2016

73 lbs gone and I'm 'Alive"

I woke this morning and did my routine weigh in, and was happy to see I'd lost another pound. Every pound is a celebration for me. I'm only 7 pounds away from that original goal. I track my calories and weight with the "myfitnesspal" app. Here's a chart of my weight loss from 2008.

 
I'm still working on my 3 year ;-) weight loss goal I set in 2008, I'm determined to complete it yet. You can read my original weight loss goal blog post HERE.
I gained all of the weight from the medications I was on while being treated for anxiety. I'm not saying my life is perfect by any means, but I've developed life skills that help me get through the days much better and I'm still not relying on medication to get me through the difficult times.
I went for a training run today and the first two songs on my iphone playlist were "Live like you were dying" (sung by Tim McGraw) and "I'm Alive" (sung by Kenny Chesney/Dave Mathews). I thought how fitting, that's how I approach everyday now. I don't know how many days or years I have left on this earth, but I will embrace them and live them to the utmost. 
Here are the lyrics to "I'm Alive"
Verse 1:
So damn easy to say that life’s so hard
Everybody’s got their share of battle scars
As for me, I’d like to thank my lucky stars that I’m alive and well…
It’d be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I’m alive

Chorus:
And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathing in and out’s a blessing can’t you see
Today’s the first day of the rest of my life and I’m alive
Yeah, I’m alive and well

Verse 2:
The stars are dancin’ on the water here tonight
It’s good for the soul and there’s not a soul in sight
This boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life
now I’m alive and well

Chorus:
And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathing in and out’s a blessing can’t you see
Today’s the first day of the rest of my life and I’m alive
Yeah, I’m alive and well
If you'd like to hear them sing the song "I'm Alive", here is a YouTube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tex0U7qS7h4
As the songs says "Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see".
This has been the evolution of Kimberly from 220 lbs. to 147 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.