Thursday, January 12, 2017

Water trails

Our clear cold days are perfect for enjoying the views around us. Yesterday and today my husband and I enjoyed walking together along two waterways in the county. Yesterday's walk was along the North Lake Whatcom trail (also know as the Hertz trail).
I'm recovering from a bad cold so just walking this week trying to get over my sniffles and cough.

I found my prize "hair ice” again along the trail.

The waterfall along the trail was a little icy.

The view of the reflection of the trees and blues in the water and sky were just about perfect on our return trip to the car.

Today we went to Hovander farm and walked a loop on the trail along the Nooksack river to Tennant lake and back from the boat launch.
There was some ice along the banks of the river at the boat launch ramp and some small bits of ice floating in the river.

The creek from the farm towards Tennant lake was completely frozen over right up to the foot bridge.

We walked up the view tower near the Fragrance garden and enjoyed the view of Mount Baker in the distance and some swans on the lake. We weren't able to walk the boardwalk trail around the lake, since it is closed for hunting season.

Some cold walking for this "cold" (in the body) person. but it felt good to get out and feel the sun on my face.
I laid down on the pavement to try to soak up some solar rays (ala sunbathing style), I was bundled up in my layers to keep warm, with only my face out in the elements. The sun's rays felt good on my face but my back got cold quickly from the ice cold pavement. A quick walk back to the car and to the local Woods coffee shop for some hot cocoa.
Bliss........ just what my body and tummy ;-) wanted today!