Sunday, April 9, 2017

Port of Skagit Nature trail run

We decided to skip the hills and head for the flat land today, for our run. My husband and I have only 2 more weeks of training till our Spartan Race event(s). We have been training for the upcoming Seattle races. I'm doing the Super on Saturday the 22nd and he'll be doing the Super with me and the Sprint on Sunday the 23rd. 
We went and watched my dad run the Tulip run yesterday. He is 84 and placed 1st in his age group, 80 and up. 
Way to go Dad!

We've gone down to root for my dad on this course before, but we'd never run the trails. The trails are part of the Skagit Port Nature trail system. You can click HERE to check out the map. There are several map signs along the trail. It's a nice flat trail system with park benches and port a potties along the way.


If you look on the gravel trail in the photo below you'll see that the chalk arrow from yesterday's race is still visible.



My favorite section of the trail, was the "northern" loop. I think I need to go back and run it when the trees have leaves.
Northern loop trail
A bonus for me, a little library was spotted along the trail!


I found out that the Southeast parking lot (where the little library is located) is the start of the Burlington story trail. There were signs along the way encouraging children to read. 
You can read the Port of Skagit's article about it's ribbon cutting ceremony HERE. I really enjoyed that section of the trail. 
Fun day in the Sun!

Garmin stats:
total miles ran - 8.1
minimum altitude - 25 feet
maximum altitude - 173 feet
total ascent - 226 feet
total descent - 390 feet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.