Sunday, October 22, 2017

Mud lake and there-a-bouts hike

Today my husband and I hiked to Mud lake. We started at Samish park. Most of the hike was on logging roads with a small section of trail down to the lake. We hiked a different route (to me) today. We hiked up the logging road above Mud lake and hiked around it to the lake trail.
Lucky day, I found a rock heart on the road.

We saw this awesome rock perched on a stump at this logging area.

The fall colors made the day more scenic.

The short section of trail to the lake.


We stopped and ate our lunch overlooking the lake.

Hot cocoa!

Parts of the logging roads were lovely lanes.

We took a side loop on our way back and we saw North Butte in the distance. A different angle than I've seen it before.

A lone tall tree above an old logging area.

total miles hiked - 12 miles
(.20 was from when I forgot my trekking poles at a rain clothes changing stop & luckily I realized I didn’t have them. We hiked back & found them - whew!)
minimum altitude - 814 feet
maximum altitude - 1860 feet
total ascent - 1568 feet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.