Monday, December 4, 2017

Mon Oeuvre ~ On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt progress 3

This week's Mystery Quilt clue is Flying Geese. I'm happy, as I've done them before in my Sampler Quilt. Bonnie Hunter listed several methods for making the flying geese and said to make them however we want to, they just need to match the finish measurement. When I made them in my quilt class for the sampler, we used the no waste 4 at a time method. This time I thought I'd try one of Bonnie's suggested methods. I'm using her Essential triangle tool. 
I have all of my strips & pieces cut.
Some of the cut strips

Sewing the right sky to the wing of the Flying Geese.

A bit of chain sewing done along with all of the cut pieces.


The rest of this week I'll be finishing the assembling and pressing/trimming.

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally "work" - Oxford Dictionary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.