Monday, December 18, 2017

Mon Oeuvre ~ On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt progress 5

This past week's clue #3 on Quiltville's Mystery Quilt was a challenge for me. I haven't cut and sewn Chevron's together before. Yikes, what a journey it was for me to get these done. I persevered and learned some new skills. I'm very thankful that Bonnie Hunter gives very clear instructions with photos for each clue she gives out. This clue was very tedious for me, since the pieces needed to be laid out just right and the seams had to be very precise or it would go "wonky" as Bonnie says. I had several "wonky" ones, until I got my seams adjusted correctly. So this past week was all about "LOTS" of cutting, layout, sewing, pressing and trimming. I stuck to my 10 at a time chains and that worked out well for me.

Some of my chains of "10", waiting to be cut apart and pressed.

Happy dance! All of my Chevron's are done ✔. We aren't supposed to give out the number of pieces we make or the dimensions, but I can tell you there are hundreds here in my nice little piles.

I quickly put together this past Friday's clue #4, so I could have at least one done before this posted.

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally "work" - Oxford Dictionary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.