Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spartan Training day

Today is normally the day of the week that I hike with the Senior Trailblazers.They were scheduled to go to Skagit county and walk on the Padilla Bay shore trail and as much as I love that trail, the walk was rated as easy and 5 miles. I have been there many times & since I'm training for my Spartan Race in Montana in May, I need to be going farther and with more hills. I chose the Stimpson Reserve trail, and yes I've been here many times as well but it has enough rolling hills to make it a better work out for me today. It is glorious here today, with the next few days looking pretty wet, so this was my best day for a trail run this week. 

Me in my running garb
I decided to do the trail including the Geneva pond loop twice. I ran a half mile and then took a 1 minute walk, and repeated this for the entire run. I've set my endomondo app to tell me every 1/2 mile, so all I had to do was listen and then take my 1 minute walk.




Geneva Pond
 



A lovely day on the trail "twice"!

After the run - happy me!
Endomondo stats:
Total miles ran - 8.57 miles
Minimum altitude - 510 feet
Maximum altitude - 823 feet
Total ascent - 655 feet
Total descent - 644 feet

THEN......
it was time to do some of the daily exercises, called "Workout of the day" or WOD
I get the WOD in an  email every day. I do the emailed exercises a day after the Spartan workout day because it works out better with my schedule. So I really was doing Wednesdays workout today. I skipped a couple on today's list because I did a long, hilly run, but this is what I did today when I got home:

5 minutes - jumping Jacks
10 star jumps
5 double butt kicks
1 minute arm circles
30 push up BURPEES
15 pull ups
15 box jumps
15 squats
10 crunches
30 mtn. climbers

and that's my day ;-)

AROOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.