Monday, August 7, 2017

Mon Oeuvre - Dogs in Sweaters quilt progress 2

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

I got all four of the "dogs in sweaters" blocks completed.



So I now have 4 blocks done, 2 left facing blocks and 2 right facing blocks.
Here's the completed one from last week.

I cut out the glasses template and ironed it on to the block and sewed it on the green sweater dog.

I cut out all of the borders, sashings and spacers. As you can see my quilt will be a bit more colorful than the pattern.

I'm changing the pattern a bit from the original. The pattern has all of the dogs to one side of the quilt for the small sized quilt. I'm not a fan of that, so I'm alternating side with each row. Hopefully my calculations are correct and I'll have cut all of my fabric with the correct adjustments. 
Time will tell, when I sew them all together.


Next step, sewing the top all together!

Progress links for this quilt:
Introduction to the project
Progress post 1