Monday, April 16, 2018

Mon Oeuvre ~ Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt progress: Block #3 Alice

"Alice"
A learning curve with this block, is one that I've had to be careful of before, "watch my points", as I sew the seam alowances. Unfortunately, some of these outer points will be sewn off when it is put together. I could rip it apart and redo it, but I'm keeping it as is. I hope that as I continue on with this quilt it will be a show and tell of how I've progressed in my "carefulness" as I quilt - sort of a "quilting journal". The last blocks "I hope" will show maturity in my quilting skills. 
I only have "96" to go.




4 comments:

  1. well done Kimmy! I did the 365 challenge quilt last year, all 3" and 6" blocks with Many pieces. I think one of them had 88!
    As I sailed into June I got to thinking I was the only one who would recognize what a masterpiece the result would be so stopped there, and did something I'd not done before, quilt as you go. I'm just assembling the final rows now and dearly love it. The only problem now is if I want to do any hand work I have to do it in the morning, and it goes against my grain to do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, it sounds amazing! I'm so glad I started quilting. So much learning, challenging me to improve at every move. All things I enjoy!

      Delete
  2. forgot to say the reason I stopped at that size is I have a brick fireplace back that makes a good background for a hung quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds perfect, you’ll have to send me a picture when it’s up.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.