Thursday, April 26, 2018

Noisy Creek Hike

This trail almost feels like home to me, we've done it so many times. I love it! 
Nothing like signing in and seeing Trillium in bloom below the sign in stand. ❤

Crossing the suspension bridge, we always stop and take a look up and down the river. Today the hills were still topped with snow and everything shone brilliantly in the bright sun.

The view up the river

The view down the river
  There were many Trillium along the trail, along with little frogs, a snake and a very large toad.

Also... to my surprise and joy a man leading his goats along the trail. Their names are "Adam" and Brownie". I don't know the goat herders name 😉. We stopped and chatted for awhile. I thought the goats were great.

My customary photo on the Hidden creek bridge.

Looking up at Hidden creek
 I found another "Heart" rock on the trail today!

We had 3 good sized creek crossings and 2 more puddle jumps along the way, nothing over my boot tops.

 We ate our lunch at the Noisy creek campground. We found our old campsite that we camped at last July. You can read about that trip HERE. We brought our cook stove again and enjoyed Chicken noodle soup with our sandwiches. After lunch we just relaxed along the shore and soaked up the weather, the views and the adorable little birds that flitted here and there in the tree branches above our heads. I looked in our bird book when I got home and identified them as Ruby-crowned Kinglets. The distinguishing markings I remembered that helped me identify them were the small thin beak, bars on their wings & light rings around their eyes.

Our views during lunch. The lake level was down quite abit, so there was more shore than we've had on our previous hikes here. Mount Baker looming over Baker lake.

Shuksan and it's reflection in the lake below.

After lunch we hiked out to the Noisy creek bridge. There was a small tree leaning against it, but there was no damage to the bridge that I could see.

Noisy Creek
What a wonderful day on the trail, the weather was like a summer day. The temperature was comfortable in the forest, with a nice cool breeze blowing down the largest creeks. Our feet enjoyed the cool creek water during our crossings.
Today was just as it looked - Bliss

Garmin stats:
total miles hiked - 10.34 miles
total ascent - 1178 feet

1 comment:

  1. I wondered if those little frogs would be around in the Maple Grove area, but no. I've only seen them on Noisy Creek. Wasn't it a beautiful summer day? Wow! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.