Friday, April 6, 2018

Mt. Erie Circumnavigation

I'm so glad we chose today to hike, yesterday it rained all day and tomorrow is supposed to rain and be very windy all day.
As I've said before my husband is an excellent trail map reader. He found a great hike for us today, which had some trails we'd never been on before. We started at one of our favorite areas: Heart Lake. We hiked a couple of miles, crossed the road and headed up the trail. Our route had us circumnavigate Mt. Erie. The relive video I'll post at the bottom of this blog will show our route, it's a big loop around Mt. Erie. *The video also has some photos in it.
We got views of Lake Erie, Campbell Lake and we hiked beside Whistle lake.
Here's some pics of the day.
I like the last sentence on the sign at Heart lake trail head. 





Lake Erie

lunch spot






Campbell Lake

Whistle Lake
Whistle lake rest break


Here's a video of the waterfall we walked by -

 The relive video of our route -

Garmin stats: 
Total miles hiked - 10.4
Total ascent - 1877 feet
Pre-requisite for hiking this loop: be a fan of beautiful forests, great views and lake side wanders.



2 comments:

  1. We skipped Mt. Erie because of the rain and will do it later. Love your pictures, especially Whistle Lake and the fresh pretty plants coming up. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.