Saturday, September 3, 2016

Blanchard mtn. trail run

There was a delay in going on our training run today because we were watching the live tracking for the The Rut on the internet. My nephew entered the 28k and it was very exciting to follow his tracker around the course. irunfar was also doing a live feed of the event on their site. 
He finished!!
Sooo we didn't get started till mid afternoon. My husband and I started at the Barrel springs road parking lot and ran on the Lily lake trail, to the Samish overlook trail to the Oyster dome trail we then took the right at the junction without continuing on up to Oyster dome. 
Sights from the trail today.


Samish Overlook looking towards Skagit flats
looking towards Bellingham bay
Lily lake
We were hoping to run up to North Butte but my legs were really tired today so we just headed down the Alternate incline trail and finished off going down the Blanchard hill road to the parking lot.
I was running on fumes today but I finished. Just one of those days.
Another Spartan BEAST training run done!

Endomondo stats:
total miles - 8.53
minimum altitude - 943 feet
maximum altitude - 2188 feet
total ascent - 1736 feet
total descent - 1959 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.