Monday, February 13, 2017

Mon Oeuvre - en provence Mystery Quilt progress 11

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

Today is the "Last" Monday link up for the mystery quilt. If you want to look at the other quilts that have been created in our mystery group you can go here to view them -  http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2017/02/mystery-monday-link-up-finale.html.

This week I purchased the batting and backing fabric for my en Provence mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville).
I'm using Warm & Natural cotton for my batting, and Keepsake Calico Sundrenched Butterfly Flowers cotton for my backing fabric.

Here's a close up photo of the backing fabric so you can see the design details a bit better. I think the color with the white design will go nicely with my quilt top colors. I felt like I needed to tie in the white somehow since my quilt top has sooo much white in it. The mystery quilt is named "en Provence" and was themed after the colors in a Lavender field in France, I thought the butterflies and flowers fit into the theme nicely. 
I can just imagine the butterflies on my fabric taking flight and fluttering around my quilt top, sitting here and there and enjoying my en Provence lavender field 😉.

I found some photos Online of some Lavender fields in France, that show some examples of the color theme for our quilts.


This has been a most wonderful mysterious adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.