Monday, January 14, 2019

Mon Oeuvre ~ Good Fortune Mystery Quilt progress 5

Clue 4 was my attempt to go scrappy. Since this clue was "strip blocks" done with paper piecing, I decided to be brave. I cut my strips into random width strips and sewed them to the phone book pages, then trimmed that completed unit to the large block dimensions. I subcut the large strip block into the clue four size. Each large block unit subcuts will have the same strip/fabric pattern, so kindof scrappy, kindof not. A good sort of  "scrappy" version first start for me to try.
Here's my first set attempt:

It really stretched me to just randomly pick strips and sew them together without paying attention to my previously sewn and cut strip blocks. I'm hoping I won't get too stressed when it comes to putting these together in the final quilt blocks.
Here's my completed clue 4 foundation paper pieced, strip block units. Who knows how many strip blocks are in each pile, hmmmmm..........it's a mystery - remember😉.

Clue's 1, 2, 3 and 4 are done!

I always like to read about what prompted her color choices. This clue’s colors were chosen from China’s Golden Season and the Terra-cotta Warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.