Monday, November 4, 2019

Mon Oeuvre ~ Good Fortune Mystery Quilt Complete!

I was determined to get this quilt done before the first clue was given for this years mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter. I succeeded! She did give out the intro. to the next quilt on October 31st, but the intro. only gives the name of the new mystery (along with her inspiration for this years colors) and the colors with yardage requirements. The first clue will be given on Black Friday (the Friday after Thanksgiving).
So I quickly got the last of the sewing done on Sunday, while listening to football on T.V. 
Hand sewing the binding.

....and the last stitch was sewn this morning. 
Woohoo!


My husband claimed this quilt as his. He took it out of the dryer and laid it on our bed to display it, before I even thought about doing it. I think he likes it.

This year's mystery quilt is "Frolic", the colors are inspired by her trip to Texas while the Bluebonnets were in bloom.

Here are my fabric choices with her paint chip colors.

Now we wait, cue Jeopardy music.........hee hee

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I've got the chips for a jumping off place but not a glimmer yet what colors I'll actually be using. I'm thinking about recycled shirts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.