Thursday, July 2, 2020

Rosario, Lighthouse, Lottie Loops hike

We started today's hike at Rosario Beach. On the map below you can see the three loops we did today: Rosario Head, Lighthouse Point, and Lottie Point.

First we went around Rosario Head, it was a bit gloomy out.

My husband looking out at the view with the binoculars.

The cliffs of Rosario😉

Ocean spray bushes beside the trail

Close up of the Ocean spray blossoms

We thought the words added between "falling and can" to this sign were cute.

A mushroom about half the size of my boot.

Indian paintbrush

Looking towards Bowman Bay

We sat on a log near some pretty purple flowers at the beach, had a snack and water break. My husband surprised me with a nice read from a Patrick McMannis book while we sat. It's full of short stories, so perfect for a quick read.


It started drizzling before he finished the chapter so time to put on the rain poncho and off we went again.

Heading towards Lighthouse point


Walking through high Salal bushes

Close up of Salal blossoms

Foggy, drizzly Deception pass bridge view

Looking towards Lighthouse point


Close up of one of the yellow flower's

Passing by a cut out stump chair.

"Not ripe" Salal berries

By lunch time the drizzle had stopped, so I hung up my poncho to dry. After we ate my husband finished reading the chapter he had begun earlier on the beach stop. This short story was a funny tale about a fishing trip and a game warden's surprise visit.

Our lunch view.

If you look closely at the photo below you'll see a hole in the rock.

My proof I was on the hike photo

Reindeer lichen (I think)

Close up of the Reindeer lichen

As we walked around the point we looked down at this cove and thought it would be a nice stop for some kayakers to take a break at.

Madrona trees growing horizontally over the trail.

Salal and Ocean Spray bushes

An old tree that looks a lot like a Seahorse to me.

Back at Bowman bay

Awe...my husband was busy while I was taking photos❤

After we took a right turn to the Lottie Point trail, I looked down and saw this awesome
Ghost Pipe plant.

Busy Woodpeckers.

Twin Flowers

Madrona berries

Deception Pass bridge under wraps while it's being worked on as viewed from Lottie Point.

Back on the trail that takes us back to Bowman Bay and Rosario beach.

Indian Paintbrush

One last look at Bowman Bay with a beautiful Madrona tree also in view.

Total miles hiked - 5 miles
total ascent - 912 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.