Friday, February 11, 2022

Fragrance Lake hike

 We enjoyed a sunny day hiking to Fragrance lake today. I wore my day pack for the first time today. I've been trying to sort out how to comfortably wear a back pack with my port. At my last Oncologist "checkup" appointment I was told they want the port left in for two years. I've had two of the "every three month" checkups, so far I'm NED (no evidence of disease).
I have a port pillow that tucks nicely into my shirt and stays in place, it worked great. It also worked to just loosen the chest strap from time to time. The chest strap hits right where my port is, so that is why I've been reluctant to strap on my packs. If I do have to keep the port in longer I need to figure it out, we have backpacking plans for the summer!
Anyway enough of that....


We did a loop hike. First up the Fragrance lake road. 
We passed the waterfall that is along the road.

We came to a slide, there was no info. about this at the parking lot or along the road at the 1 mile burnout junction. We saw that there is a bike trail just before the slide. So there is a way to get around this and to the lake. The photo below shows the slide area.

The photo below shows the sign for the detour route direction, it is only at the north end of the slide. It would be helpful if a detour sign was at the south end of the slide as well.

We came to the trail entrance and made our way around the lake.

The lake had great reflections


We sat on a bench on the sunny side of the lake for our lunch break.
Then we made our way down the Fragrance lake trail.


We stopped to enjoy the view at the viewpoint.

Of course I always take pictures of the great roots growing around the rock.


We joined the interurban trail and ended where we began at the Lost Lake parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.