Saturday, August 19, 2023

Picture of the week ~ Personal record


 Why did I get Cancer?
Why did I get Cancer twice?
Why did I live when others have died?
Why do I have a genetic marker for Immunotherpy and others don't?
I don't have the answers to any of these thoughts
but
I'm still here
Thriving.

Update: after 4 Keytruda infusions my inoperable tumor was declared gone, July of 2022. I continued to 11 infusions, then discontinued due to side effects from immunotherapy. Even though my last infusion was December of 2022, I still have days of incredible itchiness, sometimes with a rash, sometimes not. A couple of days where I still struggle with diarrhea. Arthritis/joint pain flare ups intesified with Keytruda. These immunotherapy side effects come at random times and are made tolerable with meds. Thankful they are far and few between. I'm now on a 6 month CT scan surveillance schedule with my Oncologist. 

This is my welcome back to blogging post💖 It's been almost exactly one year since my last post.
I decided to make my blog visible to the public again, since I finally feel like I have my brain back and feel like myself again (sort of😂)
I had set my blog privacy settings to private when I had my recurrence, because creating blogs just didn't seem too enjoyable or important anymore. Now when I'm out and about enjoying the sights, scents and sounds of life, I once am again feeling the tug to create a post. 
So here I am back again, hopefully with less Cancer and health woes and more "LIFE' content!

*Feedburner no longer sends Blogposts to email subscribers, so if you want to know when a new post is published use a blog reader. There are several out there, I prefer the free version of Feedly or just bookmark my blog and check back once in awhile. To follow me in a reader like Feedly, copy and paste my blog link shown here: hearsdifferentdrummer.blogspot.com into the RSS search option, then click "follow".
Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. I am also glad to see you back here. I enjoyed being on a hike with you, too. I am looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. My plantar fasciitis is acting up so it may be awhile till I join the Trailblazers again.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.