Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Cascade trail (eastward)

Our walk today started at Lyman. We usually go west from here, but today we chose east. 
We parked in front of the infamous Lyman Tavern. Here's their Facebook page if your interested in going there: https://www.facebook.com/lymantav/

The Cascade trail goes through Lyman. 
My husband and Scoutina (our dog) are heading east from where we parked.


The leaves have definitely started changing colors and the fallen leaves covered the path for most of our journey.

The tree tunnel in the photo below was short but fun. I love these narrow corridors on a trail.

The cascade trail has many bridges over marsh areas and creeks.


Big Leaf Maple leaf


The bridges all have names.

Most of the creeks were dry today.

The trail goes through mostly farm country: lots of cows, horses, goats, and some corn and berry fields. The clouds were low today but it was still picturesque. 

Kindof a heart rock.

There were two big old trees in the middle of this blueberry field. Too sentimental to cut them down or just too much work, whatever the reason I'm glad they are still standing.

A bridge crossing near our turn around spot.

Our turnaround spot. My husband is patiently waiting at the gate.

After turning around we headed west on the trail.

A friend came up to greet us as we walked by.

Always a beautiful trail no matter the season.


A couple of trees near the trail were full of apples and many had dropped onto the trail. There is a local Elk herd in the area, I bet they are enjoying these tasty treats.

We stopped at a bridge and looked across the way, I noticed the roadway bridge that paralleled the trail in this section was dated 1954, it's held up well. It's the same age as me, I hope I'm holding up that well.

Looking down at the creek bed from the bridge, I don't think any Salmon will be spawning in this creek this year.

Almost to the tree tunnel. Scoutina thought there were lots of fun smells along this trail. I think she'd like to walk here again someday.

A view of our finish

Our distance: 4.15
*I've been plagued with Plantar fasciitis in my right foot, I've been mostly riding on our indoor bike for my fitness and to keep from going stir crazy. Every once in awhile we go on a walk so I can test it to see if there's any improvement. This time it didn't start aching until about 3 3/4 miles, a bit farther this time. 
Yay, at this point I'll take any improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.