Monday, April 2, 2018

Mon Oeuvre ~ Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt progress: Block #1 Addie

I finally started my 1930"s quilt. I've been plotting and planning my start for quite awhile. I finally got started this last weekend. I attempted foundation paper piecing, but realized I need to practice more, so I'm just using the templates that came with the book.

I'll be sewing this quilt with my 1928 Vintage hand crank sewing machine. *I've placed the blue painters tape on the machine as my 1/4 seam guide.

Block #1 is done. 
Here is my version of "Addie". 
I attempted some Fussy Cutting for this block.

I'll be doing a Queen sized quilt, so that will be 99 blocks in this project - 98 to go!!

I did a surprise quilt for my Dad. He is a Ham radio operator and worked as an electrician, so I made a quilt with his call letters on it and some of the odds and ends of those enthusiasts. 
Last week I posted a "Sneak Peek" of it. He has since received it so I can post it now.

Front

Back, a nice after laundered look ;-)

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.