Sunday, January 30, 2011

Solace from our northeast wind

We live in a particular part of our area where the northeast wind blows out of the Frazier canyon in B.C. into whatcom county. Today we woke up to clear cold and sunny skies and our wonderful northeast wind. We live north of Bellinham. When we go back and forth the wind starts and stops at the Smith road. It seems to be the dividing line for the cold winds. North of the intersection..brrrrrrrr. South of the intersection no wind chill. Since my husband and I have been fighting colds, we decided it would be best to head towards Bellingham for our walk. We chose the North Lake Whatcom trail, and as expected no wind. A nice cool sunny day walk. Wonderful. The trail is just over 6 miles in length. There are mile markers every 1/2 mile. It's a great wide trail with lots of nice beach stops along the way. We took our beast (Lexis - the Malamute!) with us. We only went 1 mile out for a 2 mile total walk and I was surprised how tired I was when we got back to the car. I guess I need to watch how quickly I get back into my full exercise regime



 Lexis getting a much needed combing out.



I really love how the ferns grow on our trees in the northwest.
This one was especially pretty with one little orange lichen area growing on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.