Friday, May 13, 2016

Montana Spartan Sprint 2016 results

This year's Montana Sprint race was filled with emotion for me, it was the anniversary of my first Spartan race (you can read about that day's race HERE) and it would be my husbands first Spartan race. He decided that this year he would accompany me on my Spartan races and give me support and encouragement as we're going along. It was so nice to have him along. I think I was a little tired from the recent Seattle Super. It seemed I needed help on most everything. I always complete the hercules hoist, altas carry, sandbag carry, barbwire crawl, chain log carry. The ones I struggle with are the tall walls, rope climbing, monkey bars, tyrolean traverse, Z wall and rig. So for those obstacles it's always the 30 penalty burpees for me. We went with a team so were able to split up our burpees as we went through the course, that really helped. *The courses are always farther than the map board says btw.

The Montana course is always hilly and they really took advantage of that, taking us up and down many times. The sandbag carry was the longest and steepest one I've ever done. I was disappointed that the slip wall wasn't there this year as I'd hoped to conquer it, since NBC likes to show my struggle face at the top of it. The photo below is from last year and has been used in their NBC coverage.

Some photos of the day:


Trying to look tough -














 Trying to make a tough face -




So nice to finish together!

After glow - We are Spartans!


Endomondo stats:
total miles - 7
minimum altitude - 3165 feet
 maximum altitude - 3713 feet
total ascent - 1824 feet
total descent - 1759 feet

Sprint and Super complete, just a Beast in October and I'll have my Trifecta!
AROO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.