Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Mother Mountain loop backpack trip Part 5: Ipsut Creek to Carbon River trailhead

Today was our last day. 
I took a picture of the river bed by our campsite. Lots of carnage in and around the campground.

We packed up after breakfast and began our "road" walk out.
Twin flowers along the road.

Salmon berries

Our road walk.

Thimble berries

I found my heart in nature rock ❤ 

We decided as we went out that we would take a side trail that we'd seen the first day. 
It was an old mine trail. It would be nice if there was a sign board with information about the mine. We assumed it would be a nice wander through the forest and then we'd be on our way. We were a little surprised that after a nice level beginning we began to climb several steps, The several steps became - 209 (my husband counted them on the way out). After the hiking we'd done the last few days, my legs were feeling this steep incline.

 




I was glad to see the mine, I was gasping for air after our climb.



One last lunch on a log.

 The Relive video of our route:

Garmin stats:
Miles hiked - 6.1 miles
Ascent - 246 feet

Total trip miles - 35.86 miles 
What a great trip!

2 comments:

  1. Neat! Your pictures for the last couple of days are so numerous that I felt as if I were right there with you. Seems you owie didn't keep you down much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Yes, thankfully I didn’t have serious damage to my leg when I fell. It was hard to choose just the right pictures to put in each post, there were so many to pick from. I was hoping my readers would feel like they had done the trail with us. So thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.