Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Portland Sprint 2018 Spartan race results

We took a little trip to Washougal, Washington for Saturday's Portland Sprint Spartan race.
This is known to be one of the shorter Spartan Sprints, with a fun festival and community feel to it. This year did not disappoint. The course was fun and spread out all over the Motocross grounds.

I found a photo that shows the uphill start. *photo credit Mud run guide. We started waaaaay at the bottom of the hill as you can see on the left side of the photo below.

This year my husband had his first "burpee free" race. That happens when you succeed in doing every obstacle on the course. *See the map photo above for the list of obstacles.
I did much better this year also: 
The slip wall had mud on it and I had no problem walking right up it. 
I barely needed a push up the inverted wall, I nearly did it by myself. 
I got 3/4 of the way up the rope climb. 

I was really proud of these successes. I really feel like I'm improving not only physically but my fear level has greatly diminished.
Here's our official photos of the day.
Dunk wall


Bucket carry


7 foot wall climb

Monkey bars

The official finish photo was taken after a short run up a hill instead of a fire jump. 
A little different.

I got someone to take a photo of both of us after the event. 
I like this one better.

Last of all my #spartan photo!

Fun day, with a fun community of like minded encouraging, supportive people ❤

Total miles -
My Garmin tracked 4.10 (it keeps recording as I do burpees), the course designer listed it as 3.5 miles
total ascent - 932 feet

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations once again for doing something that most people (including me) would never even attempt! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.