Monday, October 29, 2018

Mon Oeuvre ~ Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt progress: Block #6 April

"April"
The last month and a half have been a test of my patience with the company that was doing my maintenance service (warranty) work on my Pfaff sewing machine. I'm so glad that I have my Vintage machines, so that I could work on some projects. The "Strippy Weave" quilt was put on hold because I really want to do my big quilt projects on the Pfaff. Also, the Quiltville Mystery quilt is coming up and I wanted to get it in tip top shape for the mystery quilt sewing. I had purchased my machine in Feb. of 2017 and was a little late on it's first year maintenance check up. Anyway what should have been a 2 week trip at the longest turned into a long ordeal. 
First I was told that the motherboard had fried and needed to be replaced. I thought that was curious since it was working fine when I took it in. 

The next call (voicemail) said that when the put in the new motherboard the display screen no longer worked. So I called the store and asked what was going on. They contacted the company that does the warranty work, not long after that I received a call from the person in charge of the warranty work. He said that one of their workers had unfortunately ruined the motherboard when she had put the machine back together after it's regular maintenance check. Then when she installed the new motherboard something happened again and that caused the display issue. He assured me that since it was under warranty they would send it to me in a repaired condition and since I still had 3 years of warranty left that should take care of any future issues that they might have caused. I reluctantly said o.k. finish the repairs and send it back to me. 

The final straw (for me) came with another phone call, the keypad doesn't work. We will order a new one and send it to you as soon as it is repaired.

Needless to say I was very upset by this time. I told the store my terms: I wanted a new machine and my "full" warranty back. Since the warranty service company kept breaking my machine I no longer trusted their work. The clerk at the store told me she would talk to the manager and see what could be worked out.

The manager called me and said she was very sorry and that this reflects on their store even though the warranty work is done off site by another company. I told her I wasn't upset with the store but I wasn't happy with the warranty service company and their shoddy workmanship.

Long story short - I have a new Pfaff  (same model as my other one) with  "full" 4 year warranty. 
Happiness abounds!!
I'm so thankful that my local store's manager was also appalled at the service and was willing to make it right for me.

My new Pfaff~

2 comments:

  1. good for you Kim!! that should have been the first thing the repair center did rather than lay blame on some anonymous employee. I used my 40's White last year and I thought about using the Singer 60's 404 but I'm moving its desk to the 5th wheel so will probably put that one up for sale on the pacific nw quilters facebook sales page. I'm doing pretty good whittling them down. Sole the Featherweight last week, such a happy lady! anyway 2 more sleeps till yardage requirements! hugs, sharyn Way cute block, is that Maverick stars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I’m not sure if it’s a Maverick star or not, just that it’s “April” in the 1930’s series. Can’t wait for the Mystery to begin!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.