Thursday, March 21, 2019

Fragrance Lake Loop hike

Where to go when the weather is beautiful, preferably a place with views. We did just that today on our Fragrance Lake loop hike. 
We had planned on heading up to Burnout point from the Lost Lake trail head parking lot by Larrabee State park, but they are doing a logging in that area. We read the signs and saw that an active logging will be in the area for awhile with trucks going up and down the Fragrance lake road so we changed plans. We drove to Hiline road parked at the Fragrance lake trail head to begin a loop with Burnout point for lunch. We first walked up the road to the Cyrus Gates Overlook.


Such wonderful views!

Looking out over Bellingham bay.

Then down the Rock trail with it's many steps.




Past the wonderful Chuckanut Sandstone cliffs.




First Skunk Cabbage sighting this spring!


Finally to Burnout point,

and it's wonderful views for our lunch stop. We could hear the logging operation going on, but we couldn't see it. Lots of chain saw noise and the occasional tree falling other than that a warm and pleasant place to take a break.


My happy place❤
Today I was thankful for REI dividends. I got my new hiking dress there, I liked it because it makes me feel like I'm in my Brownies/Girl Scout uniform I wore as a young girl. I'm also thankful for day packs that ride high on the hips and no hiking pants with tight waist bands. After a break it's nice to be on the trails again. Just a note of information there's only one kind of shingles that a person wants and it's the roof variety, and yes I had my vaccination😥

Back towards Fragrance lake. The sign below shows where we hiked from to get to Fragrance lake.


Not quite still enough waters for a great reflection but beautiful anyway.

Relive video of today's route:

Garmin stats:
Total miles hiked - 6.4 miles
total ascent - 1483 feet
total descent - 1453 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.