Monday, March 16, 2020

Mon Oeuvre - Frolic Mystery Quilt progress 15

Time to trim the edges from the "Frolic" Mystery Quilt. Pardon me while I vent for a bit. I've never done a quilt where I had to trim off parts of blocks on the edges before, I'm not sure how I feel about it. It seems a waste to me. Some of my "unhappy" thoughts as I am nearing completion of this quilt: Too many units were made as per her instructions and are left over now. Spare pieces that have already been cut & sewn together, I don't want to have the joy of figuring out what to do with all of the left over units as she said to do in the last clue. Lengths of fabric that didn't need to be bought have been cut and sewn and can't be used as uncut fabric. Stress during some of the released clues wondering if I had enough fabric to complete the quilt, could have been eliminated by only cutting what was actually needed. Yes, I sound like a broken record. Now on the flipside, I am thankful that the Mystery Quilts are provided to us for free and I understand that we are her Guinea Pigs in formalizing a pattern. So in the long run I will still say Thank you to Bonnie Hunter, but I'll add a hmmmm..... this year.
Anyway, this week I trimmed the excess off.

Stay stitched around the edges.

Trimmed center of the quilt.

Sewing on the "inner" border.

"Inner" border.

This has been a challenging quilt from the start for me. I struggled with deciphering the instructions on several of the clues, but it's coming together and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.