Thursday, April 9, 2020

Field Wandering

We are making an effort to stay within the guidelines of physical distancing for our state. Our hikes are taking some creative thinking, hmmm not too far from home and away from other people. We decided to do some field wandering at one of our favorite walking/running areas. Our goal was to walk as much of the perimeters as we could and get in about 8 miles. We figured that if we kept to the edges of the fields we would see less people. Our plan worked! Today's hike was much warmer and I must say more scenic than our last week's hike. You can read about our snow adventure HERE.
We saw many small buds, blossoms and flowers as we made our way around the fields.

We also saw several birdhouses set near the edge of the forest.

A few nice water views.....

and then the wide open fields that we walked around!


We found just the right spot out of the breeze to really enjoy the sun. I even got to hear a couple of chapters from a Patrick McMannus book❤.

I enjoyed the peacefulness around me as my husband read.


We didn't see any animals, but we did see lots of deer trails and prints.

An Eagle flew right overhead, I tried to get a photo of it as it soared overhead.

The views of Mount Baker and the Twin Sisters were fantastic!

Yet again another hike that was good for my soul.
We did a most excellent job of physical distancing today.
Here's my mantra for during this "quarantine" life we are living:
Exercise outdoors is an "essential" activity.
Movement is medicine

8.10 miles hiked today.
236 feet ascent


1 comment:

  1. It looks like it was a wonderful outing. To have a book read out loud to me sounds like heaven. And thanks for the great pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.