Monday, June 22, 2020

Mon Oeuvre - Frolic Mystery Quilt Complete!

Nearly a month ago I was just finishing up the quilt sandwich on "Frolic", today I'm happy to announce: 
It is completed!
I  decided to go with an on-point grid since the blocks are set on-point and I do the machine quilting myself. I'm not brave enough to do free motion on something this large on my sewing machine and I'm too cheap to send it to a long arm quilter.

Binding time:
Joining the strips

After pressing the strip seams open and folding the long strips in half and pressing again, it was time to sew it to the quilt edge.

Turning the corner for the "Mitered" corner.

Binding sewn on and quilt edges trimmed

We had a nice rainy day on Saturday, perfect for sitting and hand sewing the binding on.

Admiring my mitered corner❤

I washed and dried the quilt yesterday evening. The sun was setting when I took my finish photos, so the fabric looks a littler darker than it really is.



Complete and ready to go to its' owner, enjoy your quilt Lora❤

Another challenging and beautiful Mystery Quilt this year presented by Bonnie Hunter of "Quiltville"

2 comments:

  1. utterly lovely, love that lime binding! I got a giant bound this week too while Rob was across the mountains helping put up hay. Can't wait to see it on our bed! hugs, s.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.