Friday, December 18, 2020

Mon Oeuvre - Grassy Creek Mystery Quilt progress 3

 "Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

I made a sample of this week's Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt clue three to see how it would go. 

This clue used the red, orange and neutral fabrics. I enjoyed playing with placements of the units as I finished them.

After cutting all of the strips it was time to assembly line the project.

Going great until....oh, oh. Sewed one on the wrong side, thankfully I only did that once!

I was holding my breath that I'd get through with units before I ran out of thread in my bobbin, it was running low. Hurray, I won the "thread chicken" game. Not much was left at the end.

Clue three complete, and looking festive for the holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. you are really color coordinated this year, accessories and all ;) Looking wonderful. I'm not doing the mystery this year, the first times since 2011. But all the things I've learned and refined continue on...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.