Monday, August 14, 2017

Mon Oeuvre - Dogs in Sweaters quilt progress 3

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

This week I got all of the sashing. spacers, borders cut and sewn.
I took a picture of this "sun-dappled" top or "flymsy" outside. All of the piecing of the blocks were sewn on my Singer "Betsy" as in "Betsy Ross". If you remember, Betsy was the 1955 Singer 99k that we found "free" in someone's yard. Yes, I named her & she is a girl.

I also completed the quilt sandwich - which is the backing, batting and top. I put the layers together with spray adhesive. next I will machine stitch through all of the layers. The binding fabric will need to be cut into strips and sewn together. The last step will be to sew the binding to the quilt.

As you can see, I tweaked the pattern abit. I spaced the dogs more equally on the quilt. The "small sized" quilt pattern had them all to the right.

My quilt measures 46" x 60" without the binding.
I think the scrap fabric from my en Provence mystery quilt is working out just fine for this "Dogs in Sweaters" quilt pattern.

Progress links for this quilt:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.