Monday, January 22, 2018

Mon Oeuvre ~ On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt progress 9

HALFWAY!
 I figured out a way that works for me to be a little more efficient. I stack all of the blocks in the order that they will be sewn in the row: left (top of the pile) to right (bottom of the pile) into a pile. Then I sew each layer's pieces of the pile together for that block. As I complete each block (with it's sashing), I sew it onto the previously sewn block. When that entire row is sewn together, I then sew that "long" row to the previously completed section of the quilt. This works for me as it helps me keep all of the points and pieces facing the correct way, and I don't have to do any sorting as I sit at my sewing machine. The bonus in this is that I am ripping far less "mistaken direction" seams apart and having to resew them. 
Below is the photo of all of the blocks (11 counting the setting triangle and the corner piece) for the 6th row, it will be a mirror of the 5th row as it will add the lower left corner to the quilt., from there the rows will get shorter and shorter. Hurray!!

On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.