Thursday, May 7, 2020

Bp to the Gulf road hike

Today's hike (so called because we wore our day packs) was from the public access area of the Bp fields to the Gulf road for our lunch and then back.
We did a field wandering hike at the Bp area April 9th, you can read that post HERE.
We meandered through the fields before we did some road walking. 


 

The roads have no cars on them since they are gated, so it's perfect for walking. There were flowers in bloom here and there.




I'm not sure what the plant is in the three photos below, but I liked the progression of the plant as we walked by. First last years spent flower gone to seed.

Then in full bud

and finally in full bloom.

A close up of some tiny flowers along the roadside.

Almost to our destination and on a road with traffic, we had to watch ourselves for about a mile only.

Beautiful forests beside the road.

Finally at the beach! The large rocks were a bit tricky to walk on but I made it to our lunch spot without turning an ankle.

I took a photo of the rock below because it had interesting lines worn into it. I was wondering if it might have been an old Native American net rock. I guess I'll never know, I left it where it was.

We found a nice log to lean our backs against and enjoyed this view while we ate our lunch.


I took a close up of some Vetch blossoms nearby on the beach. I loved how the veins showed up in the petals.

Piggy Back plant along the road in bloom.

A close up of the Piggy Back bloom.

Back at the Bp access area to walk through the fields.


The last road section to exit at the gate and to our car.

Stats for the day:
Full tank of happiness
9.12 miles
276 elevation gain


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your walk and am glad you took so many great pictures. Thanks for letting me go along with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.