Monday, October 26, 2020

Mon Oeuvre Strippy Weave quilt, progress 2

  "Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

Wow, it's been two years since I did a post about THIS quilt. Oh well, progress has happened. I'm sewing this quilt completely with my Singer 66 treadle machine. I finally figured out the treadle motion. I really enjoy my "unplugged" time at this machine.

I'm glad I found a chart on-line that shows the fabric with it's numbers. I was given this quilt kit with the instructions and fabrics but no "key" to know how to label the fabrics. Labeling each one of the fabrics is very important with this one. As there is a certain pattern the designer wants the fabric colors to be placed. So after finding the key info. I set out to pin the ID numbers to each of the fabrics.
*the fabrics are from the Garden Delights fabric line. http://www.inthebeginningfabrics.com/shop/Fabric-Galleries/Garden-Delights.htm. The web link shows the fabrics and their ID number much more clearly than the photo below.

Pinned and ready to be cut

Each time a strip was cut from a fabric an ID number had to be pinned to that as well. The photo below shows some of the cut out strips, sewn together strip blocks and some long strips: sewn but not yet cut.

Which brings me to today's update. All of the blocks have been prepared and now I can start assembling the quilt.

The white looking block is a background block. It's shown in the center of the above photo and it isn't a solid color, it's called "Cream Prairie flowers". There is a very light floral design on it as you can see here:

Here's to progress🥂






1 comment:

  1. I'm using my treadle right now too! I found treadling hurts my back, to converted mine to a hand crank. Mine is also a 66 but WWII era, a blackside. I'm making the Have A Heart pattern, using recycled shirts. It is very peaceful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.