Monday, September 17, 2018

Mon Oeuvre - Strippy Weave quilt, progress 1

I was gifted the pattern and fabrics for the Strippy Weave quilt by a friend of mine for my birthday this year. You never know what friends you're going to make at Spartan races. I met Billie at the very first Spartan race that I watched: http://hearsdifferentdrummer.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-hills-are-alivewith-spartans.html
This was my introduction to her, she had just come down the slide at the 2014 Portland (Washougal, Wa.) Sprint. The photo below is the same slide, but my daughter is coming down it.

into this very muddy water hole.

She dared the girls to a hug, to her surprise they were game. I thought who is this muddy, crazy, fun lady?! Being the family photographer for the day, I captured the moment & a friendship began.


Anyway, back to the quilt. she sent me the pattern and the fat quarter fabrics all the way from Texas to complete the project. What a gift!❤

I pre-washed, starched and ironed the fabric.

I labeled the fabric by the swatch numbers and pinned them to the fabric.

First cuts!

Thank you Billie, this is going to be a pretty quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.