Thursday, September 2, 2021

At camp: 50th Anniversary trip

 We decided to take our 50th Anniversary trip to a place we had hiked the day after our marriage 50 years ago: Pinnacle saddle. The timing was right, I had just finished my last radiation treatment. It has been 7 months from finding out that I had Endometrial Cancer to my last radiation treatment. I had finally completed the 6 cycles of Carbo/Taxol chemo and the 5 internal HDR Brachytherapy treatments, so my husband and I were happy to get away and celebrate.
When we left Thursday morning (August 26th) we were greeted by a beautiful rainbow. We decided that was a good omen❤.

We left at 6 am because we were hoping to get a first come first serve site at the Cougar Rock campsite near Longmire in the Mount Rainier National park. Wednesday we checked out the campground online and saw that there was nothing available to reserve, so we wrote out the available "FF" (first come first serve) sites and crossed our fingers that we could get a site when we pulled in.
We got to the campground at 11:30 am and got a site. After we pulled in we realized it was very small so we looked around and found another available site. Luckily the ranger switched our site! The new one was much larger. It even had a sunken living room😉


A couple of view pics from camp.


The weather forecast predicted light rain for Thursday but getting better throughout the weekend.
To be continued......

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful celebration! Congratulations to the both of you, but especially you for beating cancer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.