Friday, September 3, 2021

Box Canyon: 50th Anniversary trip

 Friday August 27th, the weather was supposed to be cloudy with a chance of showers. We chose to drive around and to be tourists for this day.
We drove to Box Canyon and walked the scenic loop trail.

My husband said lets take photos of each other taking photos, so of course we did.


Along the trail are rocks that have been smoothed by glaciers moving over them. I was dismayed to see they had all been vandalized. Hopefully signs will be put along the fence discouraging this behavior.

Looking down at the trail bridge that crosses the canyon.


The view from the trail bridge.

My husband likes to take random photos of me. Here I am adjusting my shoe laces. I like to have even pressure of my laces on each foot. If I feel like one shoe is tighter or looser than the other I am always adjusting the laces. Just one of my OCD moments captured in a photo. You can be thankful he didn't take photos of all of the times I stop the take out the fir needles or grains of sand out of my shoes. Don't get me started on wrinkled or bunched up socks.....What can I say I have sensitive feet.

We continued up the trail that goes over the road and the tunnel.

Here I am after we'd made our way down the trail before walking back through the tunnel. Of course I had to stop and have my photo taken at the sign for my favorite trail.

Box Canyon tunnel. The trail we'd just hiked went over this tunnel.

A view of the canyon below from the road bridge.


Near the parking lot is an information rest area. I took a photo of the plaque that was on the rock there.




To be continued.....

1 comment:

  1. I hate wrinkled socks- or shoes eating socks! I love the views you shared and that you and Dick celebrated your wonderful marriage and love for each other in the most fitting way possible for the two of you. Congratulations for so many reasons~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.