Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Bp public access area

I've only done some short walks besides my gym workouts lately and was itching to walk abit farther and my dog definitely needed a longer walk. It was pouring rain this morning, I wasn't excited about walking in the rain, but I have rain gear and as I said I wanted to or needed to take a longer walk. I loaded up the car with my rain gear and dog items and off we went. I decided to go to one of my favorite places - the Bp public access area. By the time I got to Birch Bay the skies were beginning to clear and it was a lovely blue sky afternoon for my walk! What a nice change of weather and just on time.
Scoutina was raring to go!
Bp access area is a great place to go: few people, few dogs and great views. I started at the parking lot off Jackson road, walked around the gate and began walking the old paved road that goes through the property and made my way to Grandview road. I then walked to Point Whitehorn, where luckily there is a Sani can in the parking lot, bathroom breaks are a necessary thing. Point Whitehorn is a lovely short hike, no dogs are allowed on that trail which leads to the beach. At my turn around point I was at 3 miles. Perfect!
We began our walk back. Scoutina was happy today, since it's been raining all of the ditches were full of water. Lots of ditch walking and swimming was done by her today!




The wild roses are all in bloom

The one mile corner viewpoint, was nice as usual.

A nice view of the buttercup field as I made my way around the corner.


Daisies are also in bloom

Wonderful fields with no one in sight.

My total distance was 6 miles, so glad I went and didn't have to use my rain gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.