Saturday, December 21, 2019

Mon Oeuvre ~ Elizabeth Hartman quilt patterns

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally 'work.' - Oxford Dictionary.)

Elizabeth Hartman's quilt patterns are unique and fun. I did one before that I loved -  "Dogs in Sweaters", you can read that post here: https://hearsdifferentdrummer.blogspot.com/2017/08/mon-oeuvre-dogs-in-sweaters-quilt_21.html

This time I tackled 3 of her other quilts, but one block at a time as pillows. They have been gifted as early Christmas gifts, so I can now share them.
The patterns called for a 26" finished pillow, my husband did the math calculations for me to resize the blocks to fit a 20" pillow. I also had the fun of making my first envelope closure on the back of the pillows. The first two pillows I made: Legendary & Lisa the Unicorn had pillow patterns included with the quilt pattern, Frances the Firefly did not.
Here they are:
Legendary


Lisa the Unicorn


Frances the Firefly
This was the only one I did without a pillow pattern, this pattern only had the full quilt directions.
We had to bring Frances' wide wings in quite a bit to fit so now it's a new species:  a Firefly that is morphing into a Butterfly.


All together!


Such a fun project❤

Elizabeth Hartman creates whimsical quilt patterns, if you'd like to see what I mean click on this link to her site: https://elizabethhartman.com/ 

2 comments:

  1. having 2 doxies the dogs in sweaters makes me laugh every time I see one. I'm doing the mystery in 30's fabrics this year, 1/3 size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, especially the one wearing glasses! Happy sewing to you.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.