Monday, December 2, 2019

Mon Oeuvre - Frolic Mystery Quilt progress 1

We are now officially working on "Frolic"!
Photo credit: Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville)

 Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville released the first clue on the Friday right after Thanksgiving. The intro. to Frolic was given at the end of October. That gave us a month to purchase our fabrics and prep them for this years mystery clues. This years Winter Mystery Quilt "Frolic" was inspired by her trip to Texas and her enjoyment of the Texas wildflowers, specifically Bluebonnets.

My fabrics, according to her paint chip colors:

This clue of four patches was a quick assembly. I made sure to spin the back seams, so I have mini four patches in the middle!

Since it's beginning to look like Christmas in our house I thought I'd see which set up I liked best on the tree: the strips, the chains or the four patches. Hmmm...

I guess this clue will look best in a quilt. It will be fun to see where these four patches end up in this mystery's finished product.
Finished four patches!

*her place of choice for the “Link ups” (where we can view others’ progress) is now “Instagram” with the hashtags #quiltvillemystery  #frolicquilt @quiltville_bonnie instead of on her website (https://quiltville.blogspot.com) as in the past.

2 comments:

  1. your fabric are LOVELY! I'm using 30's and figuring on about 1/3 of the units, bed runner size. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharyn, I’d love to see yours as you’re sewing along.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.