Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Mon Oeuvre - Frolic Mystery Quilt progress 8

Photo credit Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville)

This week's clue gave us a reprieve from cutting. We sewed more Flying Geese, this time with Aqua Geese and red left sky and right blue sky. but  our work was mostly organizing and putting kits together.
I laid out the sets first so I could figure out her instructions.

B

Clipped together

Time to do the rest. My sorting piles and "right" Flying Geese sky sewing.

More sorting piles and "left" Flying Geese sky sewing. 

M pressing and clipping station

Time to put on my sorting hat, 
unfortunately it's not of the Harry Potter variety. In the Harry Potter books the sorting hat tells each student which house they will belong to. The ceremony as told on The site of "All things Harry Potter" explains it as this (paraphrased a bit into my own words and theirs): "The process involves the sorting hat singing it's own composition about the four founders of Hogwarts and the Qualities sought by their prospective houses *this song is different every year (as is Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt). The sorting hat is then put on a person's head and they are given the name of their house." My sorting hat sang on about the Wonderful qualities of Bonnie Hunters' Quiltville world and it then proceeded to set a "Quilter's" hat upon my head. Oops my brain went off into lala land, and that's what happens in my head when lots of sorting is done for hours at a time😁.

My Quilter's hat and I present to you, "Clue 8" complete!

Past progress: 
Clue's one through seven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.