Thursday, August 27, 2020

PCT Section H Day two, FS road to Snowgrass flats

Second day on the trail.
I forgot to mention the books/titles my husband reads from on the first POST of this journey. At nights on this trip my husband read from this book

and he reads the next days trail info. from a section we tore out of our  "Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail Washington" book by Tami Asars.

Now...on to our second day. We had a deer visit our camp as we were packing up. It stayed near us, our camp was by a creek so I think it was around because of the water. When we pulled up the ground cover from under our tent we found this cutie snake. I think it had tried to find a warm place to spend the night.

Our hike took us through an old burn with great views of the mountains around us.

Mount Adams visible through the trees.


Our daughter enjoying the Blueberries along the trail.


A photo of me, happy to be in the high country❤

Mount Saint Helen's in the distance.

Mount Hood in the distance.

Always fun to see the PCT trail signs.

We found a nice log to sit on for our lunch break, near the Stagman ridge trail junction.


I was happy the wildflowers were still in bloom since our daughter was along. I really wanted her to get to enjoy them before they stopped blooming.

Round the mountain trail sign

PCT sign

Mount Adams

Making our way around the ridge.

Mount Saint Helens

Lupine❤

more wildflowers


Mount Rainier

Another photo of  Mount Saint Helens.

Our daughter with Rainier in the distance.

Pretty white flowers.

We found this interesting cave alongside the trail. Too small for a person, but I bet an animal likes to spend it's winters in there.

Sheep lake, our camp destination. I went down and soaked my feet for awhile in the lake. It felt so good.

Our daughter was intent on learning how to operate the stove for cooking, so she could help out better and to learn for when her family wanted to go backpacking. It was great that she did that, because each night after that she got the hot water going while we set up camp and had either chicken broth or tea ready when we were done. Wonderful❤
Stove starting 101




She was dubbed the intern and she took her job seriously.

Just around the corner from our campsite was this view of Mount Adams.

All tucked in and ready for the night.

Relive video of our route:

Garmin stats:
total miles hiked - 6.58
total ascent - 1434
total descent - 482
Elevation profile -


to be continued....

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.