Saturday, August 8, 2020

PCT Section i Day ten, White pass to Snoqualmie pass

Mosquito nets and bug repellent on, ready to go. 
There were beautiful meadows and lakes all along our walk today.


We came to Deer lake and stopped to look around for awhile.

Avalanche lilies were in bloom along the trail.


Did I mention there were a lot of mosquitoes??

Sand lake

First snow on the trail

Heart rock❤

Beusch lake?

Phlox

We found this nice mosquito infested bog to sit by and enjoy our lunch.

101 for eating with a mosquito net on.
One - pull the net up until only your mouth is showing.
Two - quickly put food in mouth
Three - quickly put net back over mouth



After we'd hiked along for awhile in the sun we found a nice shady place to take a pack off break at Pipe lake. It was really warm on this day, so any shade or breezes offered us a respite from the heat.
.

Ah shade!

The wildflowers were abundant in this area as well.

We had a few blow downs to crawl and step over
.


We then came to Snow lake and my husband went to check out the first site we came to. It was nice and big - so camp it was.


After we set up the tent and ate dinner we went over to enjoy the lake as much as we could. The mosquitoes were the worst I've ever seen. The buzz of them was so loud and they just swarmed around us. Needless to say we went into the tent early and enjoyed a bug free evening.

I've been prone to nose bleeds when I'm in hot dry air, sure enough I had a nice bloody nose.
Here I am rejoicing that my nosebleed is over.
Now let's get in the tent!

Relive video of our route:

Garmin stats:
total miles - 8.39
total ascent - 925 feet
total descent - 938 feet

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.