Thursday, September 10, 2020

PCT Section H Day two, Knife edge trip

We had planned for a long day of hiking today as we wanted to get fairly close to the Knife edge the night before so we wouldn't have a real long day of hiking for the Knife edge section of the trail. We woke early and got our things together. 
Looking towards where the trail went.

Looking back at my husband behind me.

Yellow Asters

Rocky areas above the trail.


A look back from the saddle and a peek at Rainier and our camp way in the distance.

Purple Asters

Heart Rock nearly falling into the abyss.

Shoe lake

A panorama of the Knife edge on the left and Mount Rainier to the right,

Knife edge view and rocky trail section before us.

Heart Rock❤

Several more heart rocks on the trail❤



A rest break and water collection trip by the guys to Hidden Springs (.3 miles down the trail and back).


Modeling my husbands hat (backwards)

Yet another heart rock❤

The largest conk I'd ever seen spotted above our heads at the trail junction. Luckily I happened to look up.


Yes, it was a day of heart rocks❤

My husband hustled ahead to find the camp site, he then came back down the trail to let us know he'd found one and a good one at that!

Did I happen to mention it was a day of heart rocks😉❤


Camp at last and near this lovely little meadow. My husband again carried water for about 1 mile for our dry camp location❤

Tents all set up, dinner eaten and sitting down to a Patrick McManus reading before bed.

Relive video of our route:

Garmin stats:
total miles hiked - 8.25
total ascent - 1138 feet
total descent - 1860 feet
Elevation profile:


to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.