Saturday, September 29, 2018

Cranberry lake kayak

We haven't been kayaking much this summer, so we made a plan to paddle Friday. When we got up it was a bit windy. I don't enjoy kayaking when it's windy, so we planned to go to Whidbey Island's Cranberry lake.
We got lucky, just a breeze when we started that died down as the day went on.
It was in the low 70's, a perfect day for an early fall paddle. The ocean is just around the corner from the lake and it was strange to hear the surf crash on the shore as we started. There were a few lily pads around the lake. 
I took a few photos as we made our way around, so you can enjoy the view I had. 




In the photo below I'm looking back towards where we had come from.


The lily pads were beginning to die back so they were beginning to shrivel up and had a brown cast to  them 

My husband spotted an Eagle in a tree top.

Here he is just a bit zoomed in, if you still can't see it you can zoom in a little more.


I love Madrona trees and was happy to see it's red bark on the shore.

A closer view of the Madrona tree.

I really enjoyed our paddle, the air was warm and the lake was like glass.

Garmin stats:
total miles - 3.55

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.